Do NOT read

This loathsome work of fiction is a dream of sorts...

Saturday, 9 June 2012

The Value of Teachers' Education


George Bernard Shaw once wrote something, which has been mangled into something else like the following:

Those that can, do
Those that can't, teach
And those that can't teach, teach teachers.

Anyway, I don't care about the quote, or the source. I'm more interested in the point. What was the point again? Erm...

Yesterday I handed in my PGCE finally after 12 years of trying to get around to finishing it. It was, needless to say, something of a relief, only because I needed to do it. The reason it took 12 years is because I was too busy teaching to learn about teaching. Also, I noticed that a teaching qualification seldom seemed to have much to do with actual teaching.

I have to say, in my two years of study I've written several papers. They all seemed rather pointless...

[This post was written in 2008 and saved in drafts until now...]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those who can't teach, teach PE