Do NOT read

This loathsome work of fiction is a dream of sorts...

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Anniversary (8)

As my mum and sister turned the corner towards me, I could see my mum's expressionless face looking at me, in contrast to my sister's furrowed brow. 

As they both saw me, they knew. I smiled at them. 

"Are we too late?" My little sister was about 4 or 5 metres away when she asked this. I resisted the impatience on her face and waited. I wanted my Mum to be the first to hear the news. I stood as they both drew near. I put a hand on the shoulder of each. 

"He's gone," I smiled calmly. 

My arms moved slowly around both their shoulders and we huddled for a minute in that loud, bustling foyer. 

2 comments:

karenkati1983 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you kati. I always appreciate your constrictive critique.