Anyway, a real spat occurred between me and this friend of his, the comedian, who I'd never heard of before. The guy butted into my conversation with this rather delightful twittermuse of mine and stayed taking the piss. Well he got very down in the mouth when I gave the professional heckler a taste of his own meds & he called me "a tiresome cnnt" and promptly blocked me! All I'd done was suggest that if he was such a famous comedian, as he claimed, why, as it was Saturday night, did he not have to go and do some "comedian-ing"?
So I'm standing in the foyer of the accident & emergency department of this major hospital waiting to tell my mum and sister that my dad, who they were rushing to say final goodbyes to, had already gone.
I pondered what I might say. Racing through various scenarios, from easy to hard, I quickly recited made-up scripts under my breath.. Maybe if I carry on like this, I thought, I might very well get really stressed out anyway and fkkk it up, that way.
Undecided, I stared up at the massive, sweaty, red grimacing face of my loathsome BNP "comedian" fellow from the other night. He was talking about being so psssed he'd fallen asleep in a pool of his own vomit on a toilet seat. "Cnnt,' I said.
I decided to play it by ear and hope for the best, that God might give me the words to say, in that hour of need.
2 comments:
It seems inequitable that on those few sad momentous occasions in our lives when our choice of words are so vital that they escape us. I cannot imagine the pain you went through given such an arduous task. My sister was the one who broke it to me when my brother died and at that over the phone due to the fact that I lived in another country. I always blamed her for the manner in which she did it which I now realise, due to reading this was deeply unfair of me. Another noteworthy lesson learned due to your inimitable writing. Thankyou.
Always wonderful with contribution,. Thank you.
Post a Comment